Thursday, October 11, 2012

What Happened!!!

Oh my goodness, what happened at Paddywhack Lane, was it a whirlwind?!!!

Yep, whirlwind Melissa. Some time ago my friend and doll aficionado, sent me a link to the Paddywhack Lane, Shabby Chic Make Over by the wonderfully talented and inspiring, Jessica over at Doll Project. Saddly I could not get the link to work, so the idea sort of stalled for a bit. Now my friend was not about to let it go so fast, and a little while latter the UPS man brought me a wonderful gift, my own little cottage! (Thanks again friend!)

Finally, I have begun collecting decorative elements and prepping the cottage for my make over plans. That heap of hardboard is actually the drawers and bed. (You can see the opened cottage here.) The drawers were a bit of a snug fit, and since I want to cover them with fabric, I have cut them down a smidgen. I think they will be easier to line with fabric this way too.

At the same time, I am also decorating Tika's flat, here's a glimpse of it. I've made a halfhearted attempt at collecting and making some little furnishings, but now it seems that inspiration (and energy) has finally kicked in! More to follow...

Best wishes and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to lots more fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cottage is real cute.
    Is that a bunny on the bed? "Mrs. Wiggles"

    ReplyDelete