Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dolly Magic-Turning a Drinking Straw Into a Dressing Straw

I am new to the world of tiny ball joint dolls and I wanted to make cute, well fitted clothing for my new gal Tika, but geez, getting those arms and legs through miniscule sleeves and pant legs was a real job! (Like trying to dress a wet noodle!) I was worried I might damage the doll or the little clothes I had put so much time into making. Then one day it hit me, drinking straws! I found just the right sized straws to easily slip her tiny little arm into (Without getting it stuck!) Then I kept an eye out for a slightly bigger straw for Tika's legs. Wow, what a time saver this had been! and the great thing is the straws are so long, you can cut them to shorter lengths and have enough to help you dress both arms/legs at the same time. So, without further ado, here is a little tutorial along with the size straws to keep an eye out for. 

Best Wishes and Enjoy!




2 comments: